
I hope everyone had a blessed day yesterday. Josh and I had a very relaxing Christmas. I liked that we kept it simple. I was able to reflect on what Christmas is all about and how Christ was sent to earth so we could have a relationship with God. I tried to keep Christmas carols playing in the background. It was nice. We had Dave, Jen & Ethan over for breakfast at 9 am. We had eggs, bacon, & toast. Ethan had an egg free breakfast of canned pears, cottage cheese, a mini bagel with cream cheese, and some bacon. He must have liked it since he said, "Mmmm..." a lot.

Ethan is in a stage where he repeats what you say. Watch out everyone! I keep having to remember that he is only 22 months since I have been telling people he is almost 2 since last summer. I have called Ethan, Sweet Pea, ever since he was a tiny baby and the first time I called him that he smiled back at me. Friday night the Evans' just drove by to pick something up and I put my head in the back window just to say hi to Ethan. I said, "Hi Sweet Pea!" and he replied all quiet like in a cute voice, "...sweet pea." He has been repeating it now whenever I call him that and it just warms my heart. Ethan was a great present opener. He sat down, understood what a present was, and with only a little help, he would tear open the package. Josh and I got him some Thomas the Train shoes that light up and he got excited when he saw the box and pulled the shoes out. "Thomas... Shoes!" he said. We also got him a the new Thomas dvd and he asked, "Open! ...Please!" Dvds are sure hard to open quickly because he asked me 3 more times as I was trying to unwrap it, "Open...P-l-e-a-s-e!" He always does the ASL sign for please too when he asks. It is so cute.

The rest of us opened gifts from each other while Ethan was watching his movie. At one time we had to turn up the volume because we were too loud and Ethan couldn't hear. He was getting a little frustrated with us. ;) Jen out did herself this year and made some cute goodies. We got some marshmallows. I also got my altered key chain/charm. Jen wears hers on a dog chain. I think I will wear mine as a necklace too. Right now I am enjoying it as an ornament. Maybe next year she can sell them as a multi purpose gift. It can be so many things! Dave & Jen also got us matching his & hers magazine holders with some fun magazines it them. I also got cards magazines with a cards organizer from Hallmark and some supplies to make some.

Josh and I spent the rest of the morning and day relaxing at home. We opened the gifts from each other. Josh got some wonderful camping gear. Our plan is to train this winter and spring and then go on some overnight backpacking trips this summer. We also Skyped his family and got to see everyone and hear how their Christmas was going. I took a nap with the new pillow Josh bought me. He played his game and also read from his new book. Josh then taught me how to play Risk. I conquered the world. As you can see Josh is the yellow pieces. I had to use blue & pink since I had so many armies. We played on Josh's vintage board. This game is from 1975.

Later we watched a movie while I made some cards inspired by my new magazine. We were going to go to Dave and Jen's in the evening but Josh was afraid of the black ice that was still on the road.
We didn't end up doing anything special for dinner. We weren't that hungry because of breakfast. We decided to save all of our plans for our 2nd Christmas that we are having when Josh's parents are here on New Year's. We have turkey, sparking cider, and even Christmas Crackers. The works! We hope your Christmas was a good one too!
3 comments:
Love you guys!
I am so glad you had such a nice day! You made out like bandits! : )
Love the green sweater you had on!! Merry Christmas B...love you xoxoxoxo...sending big hugs your way!
Post a Comment