
Today looked still a bit icy but we were going to go in to work. We were just about to get our shoes on when I got a call from Paul. “Stay put,” he said. Salem has more snow and ice and it started to snow again this morning. There is no heat or power in our office building. That means no phones and no computers. As I was talking to him, it started to snow in Aumsville and it hasn’t stopped since! Paul is going to call me if it clears up later. Just as I hung up with Paul, Josh’s boss Julie calls to tell Josh to not come into town. The gate is still frozen shut and they were having black out snow conditions on Commercial St (where I work and a few streets away from the storage facility where Josh works). Yikes! So, it looks like I get another snow day. If it clears up a bit I just may try going outside to fix my snowman. He had started to melt and then froze into an ice sculpture. Perhaps I can now make him into a real big snowman!
It is good that Sarah had scheduled to leave when she did. The airport is a mess!!!
God was looking over her and planned it so she could be home for Christmas.
We are going to have to brave out into this soon.
We have gone through 2 gallons of milk and need other groceries. This storm has lasted so long!
Edited...


I decided to head out into the snow to fix my snowman and give Cocoa a chance to run around. The snowman was in sad shaped from the ice yesterday. I still did not finish him to my satisfaction since it started to snow harder so I went in. Check out yesterday's before and today's after.



I talked to Paul just before lunch time and he finally got a computer working and the phones too. All he has been doing is answering call after call, claim after claim. Lots of tree limbs on homes. This isn't Austria *smile*, North Dakota, Spokane, or even Chicago - Oregon isn't used to these conditions! Rain? Yes, but snow No!
2 comments:
Your snowman looks much better : ) I am glad that you were able to get out and enjoy it for a while though : ) Have fun and stay safe!
Love the new pictures! You are so cute in the snow! But, then, so am I!
Post a Comment