Wednesday, May 7, 2008

One of those random things Kati does and I don't want her to think I am a flake so, I am doing it...

Name: Rebecca
What does it mean: "Tied" or "To Bind"
Weirdest Nickname(s): Nanna…yep, in the 8th grade all of my friends were giving each other nicknames from the story Peter Pan. By the time they got to me, there weren't any characters left but the dog. Nanna was the only one that stuck. Jen stopped calling me that after we moved closer to my grandparents since it confused my Nanna.
Age: 30
Birthplace: Norfolk, Virginia

What character from TV/Movies/Book is most like you: Elinor Dashwood of Sense and Sensibility

What TV show describes your life: I don't know - some sort of British Soap Opera
What word would you use to describe yourself: Encourager

When you were little what did you want to be? A ballerina. I would listen to classical music on my little radio and would dream of dancing in a big ballet production.

What 3 c.d.'s would you want if you were stuck on a deserted island?
1. Barlow Girls
2. Super Chick
3. Casting Crowns

What's your biggest pet peeve? I dunno if I can pick my biggest… parents who continue to shop at 11 pm at night while their toddler is screaming bloody murder cuz they are so tired and should be home in bed, the toilet seat cover being left up - maybe I think I'll fall in, a cashier talking smack to another co-worker and ignoring the fact that you are standing right there...

If you were a super hero, who would you be? Batman.

What do you love reading? Today's Christian Women, Random Scrapbook Designer's blogs, emails from my sister Deborah. Anything by Beth Moore.

What person, living or dead have you always wanted to meet? The Apostle Paul.

What qualities do you look for in a friend? Passionate about life, kind, loyal, morals match mine.

You're allowed one super power, what is it? To fly. With gas prices the way it is… not only would it be cool, I could travel wherever I wanted.

If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? ...Calories don't count? Artichokes w/mayo… or In & Out french fries. Wait! A Chipotle burrito.

What's your favorite beauty product or bathroom product? Foundation and Powder. Arrid Deodorant, Baby Powder scent - why is it so hard to find!?!

What word do you use too much? Like, you know...

Who's your role model? My mother-in-law. Barbara's faith inspires me.

What's your most annoying habit? Leaving my shoes around the house. Picking at my nails when I am nervous or "bored out of my mind" (I can hear my sister Deborah agreeing all the way from Israel).

Happiness is: Sitting in the sun reading a book. Seeing some place new with my husband by my side. Holding Ethan's hand as we go for a walk. Ethan seeing me and smiling a big grin cuz he recognizes me. Josh talking to me as we head out of town somewhere. A Scrap Day/Night with Jen (those are always fun… ya know we don't get much done but we have many laughs), having a piece of Gerry Frank's Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake with a big glass of milk Sitting down to dinner with Josh's family. Starbucks with Kati drinking a coffee and talking like old times. Funny… I used to hate geraniums (Santa Maria's city flower which was planted everywhere) but I like seeing them now since they remind me of my home town. Looking down and seeing my wedding ring. Watching anything Jane Austin.

Three interesting things you have in the fridge: Sun dried Tomatoes in a jar, Margarita Mix, and Pomegranate Juice (hey, our fridge is pretty bare)

The cheesiest thing you secretly love? I love getting flowers and candy. I used to think that was pretty chessie….I think that was because I was never given any.

If you could be one appliance, what would it be? A refrigerator. It is the one appliance that I can think of that doesn't clean or cook…hey, I'm a little lazy.

I've always wondered why... the sun just can't come out and stay out.

When I want to laugh I…hang out with Jen. If she isn't in a joking mood, we watch something like Anita Renfro together and then we laugh so hard we almost pee our pants.

The craziest thing I ever did for love was say, "I will." and "I do."

The last thing I think about at night… did I turn out the lights? …seriously, I fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow.

I'd just die if they canceled… Extreme Home Makeover.

What would you do if...A genie offered you 3 selfish wishes? What do you wish for?
1. For Josh to have a well paying job that he absolutely loved.
2. To have Matt & Deborah living near by.
3. Be able to see Josh's family more often - more vacations?
Unselfish wishes:
1. Have enough money to make Josh's idea for creating a college campus/dorms for kids getting out of foster care a reality.
2. Dave, Jen, & Ethan taken care of and have them moved closer to us.
3. No hunger in the world.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Wow! I'm impressed!!

You know I recently learned that the Chipotle Burrito has like 1200 calories in it!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY BELLY FAT BATMAN! I cringe every time I drive past one now......they suck you in with their good tasting food only for you to discover that you'll have to be on a treadmill the rest of your life!

Rebecca Grinder said...

So, with this new news, I am a little happier that the nearest Chipolte is in Portland and we only go once every few months and it usually is the only meal for the day! They are so good!

Kate said...

yeah we have several around us.......and for some reason the thought of going there makes me ill..so we haven't been. which bumbs jared out!