Just a week away from my vacation. I love vacations. I look forward to them more now then when I was a kid.
That's because I never really went on vacations as a kid. I remember a few camping trips. The only family camp out was a total disaster. The cabin we stayed in had a wasp nest on the porch, roaches and mice in the inside. The local little lake was full of scum so not the best to go swimming. It was one of the hottest weekends of the year and our dad had forgotten the bottled water and I remember having to drive more than an hour from the campsite back into a town in order to get some. What I remember was some sort of comedy. The storyline could have been made into a movie. So classic of a disaster.
We always had fun, as kids, going to Disneyland. You can't really go wrong with the happiest place on earth (well, unless you get scared going fast in the darkness of Space Mountain - sorry Deborah!). One of my earliest memories (I think I was not yet four) was going to Disneyland with my Uncle Ray. We were in the Haunted Mansion's famous elevator. I remember it because I found a penny on the floor. Funny what's important to a three year old. Disneyland. A fun place for the whole family. Did you ever notice that the happiest place on earth is filled with screaming children who have missed their naps?
Anyway, it has only been in my recent adult years that I have enjoyed some real vacations. Going to Oregon to visit Jen and see the sites of Oregon with Kati. Traveling to Cali to see family and friends. I love that Josh is up to trying new things and seeing new places.
Vacations. Love them! Why? Because I am anywhere other than at work. :)
3 comments:
Yeah for vacations! I wish I were going on a vacation...preferably to some place warm where I could sit poolside and drink something fruity with rum & an umbrella!!! However, I think my ob/gyn would frown on the rum part.....party pooper! Can't wait to see you :)
Hurray, only a week before you are here! I am so excited!!!!
Love Sarah
I, too, am counting the days until you arrive! Believe it or not, our visit with you at Christmas was one of my all-time favorite vacations. I really did enjoy it, despite being sick. Anyway, can't wait to see you again!
Love Mom
Post a Comment