The clock read after 10 pm as I gasped and held my breath while I pulled to the side of the road. The red and blue lights flashed reflections throughout the car and the dark night. I knew I hadn't been speeding, I told myself as I went for my purse to grab my drivers license. I was on my way home from a short visit with Ethan and Jen.
It has become a habit of mine to head over to Jen's to do a little scrapbooking on Thursday nights - usually because I am behind on my Friday Outside The Box deadline. This week's OTB was a real challenge for me. I was doing a layout for Sarah and it had me stumped. I knew Jen's little attic room upstairs would jumpstart my creative juices enough to help me finish. I was right too. I had finished the layout within an hour. Love it when it works like that. If only I hadn't spent all of Wednesday struggling with it. The paint still had to dry so I left up in her art room. Jen sent me home with a hug, a wave, and parting gifts. I always go home with more than I came with.
I spent the two days thinking, pondering, and focused on Sarah's life verse, Isaiah 40:31. So, as I sat waiting listening to the Aumsville officer get out of his car and walk towards me, I told myself to calm down and that God would give me strength. I gathered my paperwork and had the registration and insurance card all ready for him. Turns out, he pulled me over for having a tail light out. After running my papers through, I was free to go.
I went home and told the story to Sarah. I motivated her to go straight to her car and check her paperwork. She wanted to be sure everything was in its place. It was a blessing I wasn't driving her car. Her new cards were filed upstairs with her insurance stuff.
Now onto something more fun....
Can you fill this out without lying? Yes.
What was the last thing you put in your mouth? A piece of chocolate.
Have you ever kissed anyone named Matthew? Nope. Only a Joshua.
Where was your profile picture taken? In my weedy backyard.
Can you play guitar hero? Not at all... I haven't tried.
Name someone that made you laugh today? Paul
How late did you stay up last night and why? After midnight. What was I thinking?
If you could move somewhere else, would you? I would move back to the Central Coast of Cali.
Ever been kissed under fireworks? No. I've never been to a nice enough show where I could be under fireworks, let alone kissed during the show.
Which of your friends lives closest to you? Jessica lives 5 minutes away.
Do you believe ex’s can be friends? No.
How do you feel about Dr Pepper? My father-in-law can have 'em.
When was the last time you cried really hard? When we dropped Mom & Dad off at PDX Airport.
What bed did you sleep in last night? My own.
What was the last thing someone bought for you? Sarah got me a Jamba Juice. What a nice surprise!
Who took your profile picture? Jen
Who was the last person you took a picture of? Not sure... Ethan. No, it was probably Sarah.
Was yesterday better than today? No. Today is closer to the weekend.
Can you live a day without TV? Yes. I often go w/o TV... but right now, I am a sucker for Stargate Atlantis and we got the last season on Netflix.
Are you mad about anything? Life is too short to be and stay mad.
Are you upset about anything? Upset? No. Although I did find out my doctor moved her practice to a different clinic and didn't let me know. I am a little annoyed.
Do you think relationships are ever really worth it? Who wrote these questions? They are depressing. Of course they are worth it! A lot of work sometimes, but healthy relationships are my favorite kind.
Are you a bad influence? I hope not!
Night out or night in? Most of the time, night out.
What items could you not go without during the day? Coffee in the morning, my tooth brush, and a good pair of shoes.
Who was the last person you visited in the hospital? Jen & Ethan, when he was born.
What does the last text message in your inbox say? "Liam was born!" Yeah, I don't text and don't have text service with my carrier.
How do you feel about your life right now? Feel more blessed than I deserve.
Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass? Uh, yes!
What song is stuck in your head? I am still listening to VBS songs on CD so sometimes I have those playing over in my head.
Someone knocks on your window at 2am, who do you want it to be? Um...my house is 2 stories so that would be freaky.
Wanna have grand kids before you’re 50? Sure... kids before I'm 50 sounds ok too.
Do you think too much or too little? Too little.
Do you smile a lot? Yep...
Who was your last missed call on your Mobile phone? Debs but I called her right back.
Is there something you always wear? My wedding ring and my mosaic cross necklace. I'll wear both until I die.
Did you have an exciting last weekend? No. Not really... didn't do much.
Have you ever crawled through a window? Yes. A bathroom window too. That wasn't fun. I walked funny for a week.
Have you ever dyed your hair? Every 3-6 weeks.
Are you an emotional person? Artistic people are more emotional than most.
What’s something that can always make you feel better? Chocolate, kisses, hugs from Ethan, a back crack, walking into a scrapbook store, and hearing my man tell me he loves me.
Will this weekend be a good one? I am going to an Antique Faire at 7:30 am - bitter sweet...
What do you want right now? To go to the coast, have summer last another 3 months, and a new pair of sunglasses.
Have you ever worked in a food place? A commissary grocery store bagging groceries is the closest thing.
What's on your schedule for tomorrow? Agian, the Antique Faire - practically before dawn ;)
Have a great weekend everybody!
1 comment:
Goodness, you make me laugh! Do I want to know why you walked funny for a week after crawling through a bathroom window? Maybe not. But it blessed me to hear that you didn't get a ticket!
- Mom
Post a Comment