Well. Today hit 105 degrees. Yikes, that's hot! Josh got off a couple of hours early since, the office AC window box decided to die today after 22 years of long service. Unfortunately, there isn't an AC unit or a fan left to purchase in all of Salem. The low for today is 75 degrees. Wow. Aren't you looking forward to it, Kati?
Some fun times to come... Kati and company will be coming up for a visit next week. Also, Debs' birthday is tomorrow and then she and Matt head back on Saturday.
I am recuperating from VBS last week - which was so awesome! I learned more, I think, then the kids.
Not much else is new. Guess that's a good thing, huh? We did see a black racer snake out in the yard last night hunting our frogs. I ran and got my camera to capture a picture for Dad, but alas, none of the pics turned out.
5 comments:
I was not happy when I saw this...I'm not ready to leave the beach where it's been 70 and drive to a blazing inferno! I am seriously contemplating bringing 2 of our fans...
FANS? They will soooo not help you. Get an AC so you can just sit in front of it all evening. Do you know that the low of 68 wasn't until 3am! Seriously! I am up at 6am so that I can get done what I need by 10am! Crazy! It was 107 in Turner. 10 minutes from Becca... By the way when is Fall?
Dad is sooooooo sad to hear he missed out on the snake. : )
- Mom
LOL! ok, I need to move to OR. The AC has been out at work all summer, and we were 113 last week. Plus, due to lack of funds, we aren't running the ac at home... our lows for over a month have been 78-80... and Aug is just as bad (sometimes worse) then July... Oh to live on the coast again!!!
I know how you guys feel, so I will be thinking about you. I have learned that otter pops and frozed (to a slush) juice is the best way to make it through!
ooooh i suppose you don't want to hear that we have a predicted high of 65 (and raining) today, huh?! the downside is i have 2 kiddos with cabin fever...eeeeek!
Post a Comment