Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our Chia Pet

Josh told me last week, I was slacking on my job since, I hadn't updated the blog with photos of his handy work. Three weeks ago, he worked hard and put in the rest of our front fence, as well as lay and seed the front yard. When Josh gets his mind set on a job, everyone watch out! He gets 'er done! I hadn't posted pictures before because well, a plot of dirt isn't too exciting. As it is, I think these pictures aren't too thrilling either but I have had requests. ;)

We planted a few pansies and tulips in the front. The bit of color makes a world of difference. We also bought some flower seeds which are growing in the house so, we can plant a bunch more in the yard in a few weeks. It is amazing how fast our little seeds are growing!


Here is our Chia Pet of a lawn. Patchy but getting there. Josh finished the front fence and put down a nice little pebble stone path leading from the front porch to the gate. The bare circle of dirt, in the center of the lawn, is where we are going to plant a little tree.


Along the side of the driveway, we want to plant some shrubs of some sort. We will see. Sarah and Josh surprised me with some hanging flower baskets. I have always wanted some and they are the perfect!

2 comments:

Kate said...

very nice! =] now you just need a couple of kids to frolic in that yard! get 'er done!!

Anonymous said...

The fence looks great, Josh. The arch in the gate is a really nice touch. And your "Chia Pet" is adorable. : ) Wish my lawn was that green.
- Mom