Ethan was excited to be going to the zoo. Jen was excited she didn't have to drive. As we came into Portland, Ethan kept yelling, "Cars, cars, lots of cars!" He had never been in the big city before. Then, Ethan got excited about something. I couldn't hear the GPS tell me to merge off the I-5 to the next freeway and missed my exit. There really isn't any stress when you are driving with a GPS. You can't get lost. I ended up a few minutes off course heading further north towards Seattle until the GPS, in nice terms, told me I went the wrong way. We asked Ethan to please use "inside voices" since "Auntie can't hear the man talk to her". Ethan repeated back, "Auntie can't hear Uncle Josh talking."
We didn't get to see the entire zoo - Ethan is just 2 and he can handle only so much excitement. The picture below is Ethan totally happy over a water feature. Yep, his favorite parts of the zoo was the salmon fountain and the hand soap dispenser at the petting zoo.

Mama and her little man at lunch.
Larakees Landing. I brought an extra shirt just in case a Larakee landed a big one right onto my shirt. I was safe - this time!
I did get to see some amazing animals. The bears were taking their morning nap and we got to see them close up. So were the bats. I could have gone without see them so close up...
A sweet gentleman, who worked for the zoo, offered to take our picture. He sure made lots of funny faces to try to get Ethan to smile - instead all we got was a perplexed look and my head chopped off. It's the thought that counts!
The longest Ethan stood still was when he got to see the Asian Elephant. Well, once we got him to stop trying to climb the glass wall that is. Boys will be boys.
So, I actually love this picture because this is what Ethan looked like for most of the day. Move move move. Run run run. Fun Fun Fun. We all had a blast. Not only did Ethan have his first day at the zoo but it took a trip to the zoo to have another first. Ethan fell asleep in the car for the first time too! I got to hold him as Jen unloaded his car seat from my car back to hers. He was snoring away! Poor guy. He wore himself out silly! I can't wait until our next trip when we ride the zoo train!

3 comments:
Fun!! The Portland zoo rocks! Glad you guys got to get out and enjoy it....
question...why does your shirt in the last pic appear to have an "M"?? Or am I reading that wrong?
A laughed at the picture with your head chopped off, it looks like you're trying to be taller than your sister. : ) So glad you had nice weather for the trip. These are the "baby" memories of Ethan you'll remember fondly, and he won't remember at all, but he'll love hearing you talk about them. You're such a good auntie!
Love ya - Mom
I loved your story of the trip! You have amazing pictures too! I love the picture that Sarah took of Ethan asleep! Awesome! He is so sweet! Thanks for the best weekend in a long time!
Post a Comment