Sarah and I spent our afternoon hanging out with Jen and Ethan. First, Jen helped us start a batch of our very own marshmallows. Then we spent the rest of our visit catching up and playing with Ethan. We brought Cocoa with us since it is still too cold to leave her in her kennel. Ethan woke up from his nap and Cocoa and I went to get him out of his crib. He was so surprised to see us! With big eyes he said, "Auntie BeKKAHH!" Then he saw Cocoa and he yelled out so Sarah and Jen could hear on the other side of the house, "Cocoa DOG!" He always adds dog after Cocoa's name. It is so funny. He had a blast and was so happy to have company. He was extra happy to see Sarah too. He hasn't seen her for awhile and was happy to have her there to play with too.
Sarah and I made it back home in time to meet Josh after he got off work and have some dinner. After dinner, it was time to start baking cookies. I had pre-made cookie dough last week in order to do just a bunch of cookies once Sarah was home. So, we finished the marshmallows and made chocolate chip, chocolate pudding, oatmeal raisin cranberry, and sugar cookies. I learned a sugar cookie trick at church when they had a cookie baking day a few weeks back. I am sure most people know about it but I loved how they rolled the tea spoon of dough in your hands and then dropped in and rolled it through sugar in a bowl. It is an easy way to have sugar equally on the entire cookie. Josh has told me now more than a dozen times it was the best sugar cookies he has ever had.
We then packaged them up to give to our neighbors and some friends. It took about 4 hours to finish all of the baking.
1 comment:
I would know those hands anywhere! : ) Looks like fun girls!
Post a Comment