Friday, December 21, 2007

A quick shout out!

I wanted to give a quick shout out to the Grinder family! I am so excited that you will be here in a little over 24 hours. We are looking forward to seeing you and getting some much needed hugs.

Today, Josh and I are having lunch with my Uncle Adrian. Since he has Christmas at my Uncle Ray's every year, this is our own private party. I love when we get together and have lunch. It is always a good time.

I love getting Christmas cards. This year I bought a wrought iron picture holder from Pier One to hang on the wall to display all of my cards. This year, we received so many picture greeting cards! I love them! The Silva family Christmas Picture was so cute! I loved Sarah's too with her holding Buster. Last night, I got my copy of the Johnston's Annual Christmas Brochure. Every year, on the day it arrives, I get so excited to sit down to read the annual news. Josh and I felt special to make it into their list of highlights for the year. We miss you all too!

So, with family arriving tomorrow I will most likely be up pretty late taking care of last minute Christmas stuff. Wrapping presents, folding laundry, finish getting the guest room ready...

I have admired Jen who almost always in the past has handmade gifts for holidays. This year I thought it would be a great idea to try a few. Well, I got over my head a bit! I should have started thinking about doing them in October and paced myself. So, I really am going to try and finish them tonight but they may be projects I add to my "never completed but hate to throw away" box.

No comments: