5 More days, Til Mom & Dad and Sarah are here visiting for Christmas! We can't wait and it is all Josh and I are talking about these past few days.
The ultimate gift of Christmas is Jesus. Jen and I have been talking about this subject lately. It is her theme in her preschool classes for the month of December. I love how she ties in the Christmas story of Christ's birth and how He has given us salvation and hope. Our attitudes during Christmas, and throughout the year, should be about giving to others. If you are a mom of a little one up to preschool age(or if you just like to read children's books) read the book Merry Christmas Big Hungry Bear! http://www.amazon.ca/Merry-Christmas-Big-Hungry-Bear/dp/1904550363/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b/702-9958521-0058469 I think it is cute! I needed the reminder that giving is so much better than receiving. Giving gifts at Christmas was a tradition started the day the the magi gave their presents to Jesus.
Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem, saying, "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him."...and the star, which they had seen in the east, went on before them until it came and stood over the place where the Child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy. After coming into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell to the ground and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they presented to Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
Matthew 2:1-2, 9-11
1 comment:
We are very excited too! I am looking forward to the possibility of a white Christmas. Most of all I am looking forward to spending Christmas with my brother and sister in Oregon. See you in five days! : ) Sarah
Post a Comment