Thursday, April 28, 2011

What the Grinders are talking about...

1.  Josh is determined to grow a garden this year.  We currently have corn, squash, melons, and peppers growing in pods on the window sill.  Next, we need some compost for the raised garden beds he built!


Josh's mom introduced us to the UrbanHomestead.orgCheck them out!   





Jules Dervaes - I Am Los Angeles from I Am Los Angeles on Vimeo.


2.  Scouting the Divine bible study.  Turns out, my mom just started the study too!  I am really enjoying what I've learned so far about Shepherds today and what scripture has to say about sheep and The Good Shepherd.  Next week, we are going to be looking at farming and harvest.


3. Jen, Sarah, and I will be teaching the make-n-takes at the Salem Craft Warehouse's National Scrapbook event on May 7!  How cool is that!?! 


4. Where is the sun?  I mean it has rained and rained and rained!  We had one beautiful day on Saturday... one day!?!  Is that all we are going to get?


5.  Jen, Ethan, Josh, and I showed up at Lowe's last Saturday for Earth Day.  Lowe's was giving free tree starts.  Ummm...we passed since the trees will grow up to 40-60 feet tall and needed to be kept indoors for at least a year.  Thanks, Lowe's, but I'll pass.


6.  Ethan grew out of his allergy to eggs!  Turns out he LOVES eggs.  Even likes them over easy.  Dave promised to make them every way possible, “over easy, scrambled, hard boiled…”  He sounded a little like Bubba's love for shrimp in Forrest Gump.  Ethan's favorite food that has eggs in it is CAKE.  Everywhere he goes, he asks for cake. 


7.  Our new 2011 Nissan Altima Hybrid... all I need to say is 33 miles to the gallon.


Photobucket


8.  Goodbye long hair - hello short hair.  I have missed you!  No more long showers.  No more cleaning drains.  No more shedding worse than my dog.  Hello bed head.


Photobucket




9.  Guns.


10.  My Android Smartphone is my new favorite toy.  Pandora plays in the morning.  Josh can play a mean game of Angry Birds.  I like to play checkers while I sit and wait.  It amazes me that the camera on my phone is so cool!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Kate said...

guns?! uhhhh, that's scary.

and hello?! #11: GIRLS ONLY WEEKEND IN JULY!!!

Tammy said...

I love the haircut, it's so cute!

I just got a new smartphone last wknd, and I too am amazed at the pictures it takes!