This is a recap post of our summer. There were no luxurious vacations, long road trips, or amazing discoveries. Yet, as I glance through these collections of pictures, I see the summer was full of simple summer pleasures and sweet moments with friends and family...
Our summer was full of water fights in the front yard. It is amazing how much joy a $20 blow up pool brought us all on those few hot summer days.
Many more days were spent at the local parks running around and going down slides.
My friend Libby was married at the end of July and these two love birds had their first night out in months! All dressed up and somewhere to go!
The above picture reminds me of the days before they got married. So sweet for each other.
Sarah and I at Libby's wedding.
I just love that Jen is only 5 minutes away now that she doesn't live in Lyons. It made for long evenings hanging out with family.
Ethan and I like to take pictures of one another. I take pictures of him and his toys (like this one he wanted me to take of him and Woody) and then he takes pictures of me or Uncle Josh making silly faces with his IPhone. I often can't get him to sit still long enough for a picture to turn out. Granted, he is 3 and is teaching his Auntie how to take a picture with an IPhone. Go figure!
Jen, Ethan, and I got to attend a Pow-Wow annually held at Aldersgate. It was an amazing experience. A tribe converted to Christianity giving God thanks for the blessings He has brought the tribe for the past year and a time of prayer for the year to come.
Josh and I crashed the Evans' family reunion back in August. Family members kept wanting to take our picture until we let them know we weren't family. Just confused the lot of them! It was a great time to support Dave's parents who hosted the event at their home. Jen had a big hand at getting the family together to recollect the family's heritage and story.
They presented the entire family history, from the time the family immigrated to America from where they all were today.
This summer brought more stormy weather than all the summers I have lived in Oregon. The cloudy skies are a sight to see.
I did a lot of berry picking and my little helper was always willing to help. I just had to be sure he wouldn't dump the container of berries onto the living room floor when we headed home.
With little E's help I had enough berries to make a batch of blackberry freezer jam. The jam should sweeten our spirits come winter.
Summer walks were also a favorite pastime.
"Auntie, take a picture of my cookie!"
At the end of August, Jen did a photo shoot of Molly Mo's Antique Faire. I was her "assistant" which meant I got to pull/push the red basket around to hold all her goodies in. We got the the show before the rooster crowed his first crow. No, seriously! We were there before the chickens awoke from their coop. We watched the sun rise on the farm to be sure Jen could get the best light.
Deborah and Matt were visiting us for the day and Debs got to come hang out at the show for a short while before we headed back to the Evans' for some lunch and fellowship.
This was the first time we were all together in 2 years.
Headed back to the car after a long morning shopping and taking pictures. Life is good, hey?
Debs and I took a short walk so she could see the camp a bit.
A little walk with Ethan.
A week later, Sarah's best friend Christy stayed with us for a couple of days. Then, they headed to Cannon Beach for the day. I am glad Sarah got a chance to see the Oregon Coast at least once this summer.
For Labor Day, Josh took us girls out to the ball game. It was my very first live baseball game and I loved every minute of it!
We cheered the local semi pro team and our cheers must have worked because they won! Afterwards, the fireworks show was spectacular. One of the best shows I have seen in my life! The field was right by the freeway and cars were pulling to the side so they too could see. They sure know how to put on a show!
Josh also took me to Farm to Fork, a restaurant in Dundee, Oregon. We had the most lovely time, the two of us, enjoying the last weekend of summer.
Jen was published as an Artist Spotlight in the Fall Edition of Somerset Digital Studio (which can be found at your local Borders or Barnes and Noble).
Last weekend, Josh took us peach picking. Sarah had never been U-Picking for peaches. It is the end of harvest time and we had to hunt for some peaches The smell of the sweet roting peaches on the ground reminded us that summer was at an end.
The orchard isn't far from where we live and we ran into a couple neighbors who were picking up some peaches to can.
Well, now that summer is over, my time will be filled with crafty projects. I am looking forward to teaching a mini book class in October. I am also going to be demonstrating some techniques at the Craft Warehouse Scrap Club next Monday. Come October, I am helping Jen host a scrapbooking retreat Aldersgate. Josh and I are looking forward to a short weekend out of town for our anniversary in October.
Well now, I think you are all caught up to date. *smile*
1 comment:
Ohhhhh, thank you for catching us up!! Life is the everyday, simply joys. Thank you for sharing them! E sure is getting big!!
Post a Comment