Sunday, June 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Josh!

Josh and I have been on vacation since Thursday, once his parents arrived for a visit from SM. We have had a great time hanging out around the house. Mom and Dad humbled us by offering to come and help us finish our fence. With Dad's expert advice, we got the fence boards up and finished in about six hours, split between two days. That's with breaks! Cocoa is loving the freedom to run around and look for gophers. So far, she has started to dig a hole to China and has even removed some river rock from her hole with her teeth.

Yesterday, after we completed the fence, we cleaned up and celebrated Josh's birthday with a BBQ. The Evans' came over for the celebrations. Ethan just loves Bill and Barbara - really adores them. He is always asking Bill to follow him. He is always saying, "Come on, Bill!" Dave brought over the camera and we had a mini photo shoot in our new and improved backyard.

I thought I would post some pictures from the past few days...



Josh's birthday dinner.


Jen, cute as ever.


Today's sunset from inside looking out from our front door.


A finished fence looks so good!




Sisters


Ethan enjoying his Cheese Crackers.  More milk please?!?


A before shot


The guys before the first hammer was swung.



Our first night together, Josh made a delicious pasta meal.


Josh is a year older but still good looking!


I was lucky Dad didn't fire me after I slacked on the job and answered my cell phone! 


Thanks be to Jen who made the BBQ a true b-day party with Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake!


Hanging out on the porch.


Cocoa checking on our progress with the fence.


I had clean up duty.


Dad is putting in the last board.  What a wonderful moment!


In progress


Working hard and hardly working!

1 comment:

Jennifer Evans said...

Amazing photos! Love it!