Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Quotes that have touched me this week...

“I was talking to my mom the other day about how God hand picks your life just for you. with all of its joys and the trials, and in his divine wisdom, he picked me for this life. Though I never would have imagined this life in my fairytale vision of how it would be... it is the perfect fit in its own quirky way. Happily ever afters don't just happen on their own after true love's kiss. Happily ever after is made up of a thousand tiny choices and blessings. Blessings we can miss if we're too busy worrying just how to make our ending work out. This life may not be the storybook tales I imagined, but it is so much more rich and wonderful, messy and hectic and beautifully real than I could have dreamed.  I am so grateful that this life was handpicked just for me. in a week from today my amazing husband will have been gone {on deployment} for five months, and my happily ever after involves a lot of Skype. But Skype is a huge improvement from the days of delay-action phone calls 10+ years ago. We're being able to live more of our precious moments with our very own flat stanton. Though he's no wider than a MacBook, he can fill a room with contagious laugh. Though he's on the other side of the world, he encourages me through my daily life. Though the days aren't always easy, they are mine and I cherish them as a gift as best I can. So... love your hand picked happily ever after.” - Noel Culbertson

“Is the goal of the believing life to get to a place where we simply hold steady till we die? Maybe that’s part of my problem. Maybe I just get bored easily. I’m forever wanting to go someplace with God. I forget that in order to really want to go, something has to happen to make me want to leave where I am. Maybe we’re all just sick to death of taking three steps forward and two steps back. Call me a math wizard, but isn’t that still one step forward? Isn’t that still some pretty big progress as we run against the hurricane winds of a godless culture? And if we don’t lose that ground, aren’t we on our way somewhere new? Willing to take three more steps – even if we lose two?” – (pg 12 of So Long, Insecurity) Beth Moore

And a song on my lips today...

Counting On God

VERSE 1
I'm in a fight not physical
And I'm in a war
But not with this world
You are the light that's beautiful
And I want more
I want all that's Yours


PRE-CHORUS
Joy unspeakable that won't go away
And just enough strength
To live for today
So I never have to worry
What tomorrow will bring
'Cause my faith is on solid rock
I am counting on God


CHORUS
I am counting on
I am counting on God


BRIDGE
The miracle of Christ in me
Is the mystery that sets me free
I'm nothing like I used to be
Open up your eyes you'll see
Jared Anderson/Vertical Worship Songs

No comments: