Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Random...

I pulled some pictures off my camera and found some treasures I had forgotten all about.  See what happens when I get preoccupied  with Christmas stuff?

A birthday card I forgot to share!  Jen, did you see this one?  If anybody knows Jen, they know she isn't any good at cutting bangs.  They would have looked a whole lot worse than these...


Sure you're another year older, but look on the bright side...




Hummm.... yep, better to cut my own darn bangs!  Jen is scray with a pair of scissors!  (I'll let her tell you the stories...)

A couple of weekends ago, I got to take Jen out for a night on the town.  Portland style.  For her b-day, I created a golden ticket and placed it inside a fancy chocolate bar.  Chocolate and Book tour. 

I picked Jen up at her place but before we left, Ethan showed me his cars...


As he lined them up, he would swoop and throw little Guido across the room.  Shocking!  Ethan doesn't like Guido.  He is small and not really a car at all.  I went and picked little Guido up and told Ethan that he was my favorite and just because he is small doesn't mean than he isn't important.  I set Guido up and took a picture.  Ethan then wanted me to take pictures of all of his Cars collection... that
was quite the task!







First stop on the tour was a local attraction and Sarah and my favorite place to go have a cup of coffee (tea for Sarah).  This little jewel is in Sublimity.

 

Isn't she cute?  Doesn't she look happy to be out in the sunshine and having some adult time.  I love this cafe since the food is Italian and it is decorated inside with everything from England.  ;)  Yep!  Quaint and fun!

Then we went to the Cheesecake Factory for an amazing dinner, thanks to a giftcard from the Richters!  The special desserts for the holidays are delicious.  I then had a handful of chocolate shops to try - but alas, dinner took too long.  We just headed to Powell's Bookstore in downtown Portland.  None of us had ever been and it was amazing!  They are the largest used and new bookstore in THE WORLD! Check them out!  Seriously, we got lost.  Many times.  I felt brave when I asked the guy at the information counter in the Horror section where Christian Fiction was.  He was extremely helpful and friendly.  I stood there in the CF isle, looking up at the shelf with Randy Alcorn's books all lined up together.   I stood there knowing that Randy himself, I am sure, has done the same over and over again.  So, next time Josh's parents are in town, I am sure Barbara won't mind being dropped off there with directions to not pick her up until closing!



Before entering Powell's... don't we looked pumped and excited?


Leaving Powell's... don't we look like we got lost and had the time of our lives!?!  Ok - seriously, this store is over stimulating!



Love you, Sissy!  Oh, by the way, cute bangs!

2 comments:

Kate said...

ahhhh! so much fun!

Jennifer Evans said...

Ha! A lot has changed since I was young. Those bangs I CUT! Can you believe it? I had a great time and wish I could do it again this Saturday! ;)