Monday, December 28, 2009

12 Days of Christmas...



Off roading with Dad in the Jeep.  I'll never forget our first trip together.  We had breakfast together at the Cowgirl Cafe before heading to Lopez Lake to go explore the Santa Lucia mountains for our very own adventure...







We aren't in Oregon anymore... I can always tell we are home when I see the oaks throughout the hills and valleys of the Central Coast.



Dad and I looked for a few Geocaching treasure spots.  We found one...



We found a Swiss coin.


Rule #1.  Keep your head inside the vehicle at all times to avoid mud splashing.  Thanks for the tip, Dad!



In case we didn't know where we were.



The views were amazing!



We were up above 3,000 feet and we could see the Sierra Nevadas, the coast line, Lopez Lake, and Santa Lucia mountain range.  So worth the trip!





It was fun to look out for wildlife too...





Dad looking at the view of  Lopez Lake.



Dad looking at our location on his GPS locator.










What a memoriable afternoon together!






Wild turkeys won't keep me away from off-roading with Dad on our next visit!




2 comments:

Jennifer Evans said...

WOW! I want to go THERE the next time I visit. So amazing! Thanks for getting the pictures up so fast for me to see. ;)

Judy J said...

Great pictures! Makes me want to try off roading...and that is saying something!