Jen took the above picture of Sarah and I think it is one of my favorites of my dear sister.Saturday, we headed north to Portland for a hike at the Mount Tabor park. The park is right smack in the city. There are some really nice meadows and trails. We hiked for an hour in no particular direction before Josh had a hankering for a Jamba Juice and we headed out.


We were at the park at the peak of the day so most of our pictures didn't turn out. The sun was too bright. While we hiked we came across 3 or 4 different weddings. All taking place on the forest grounds. Sarah liked the idea of a small gathering circled together while a couple was joined in matrimony. I admitted that although it was intimate, I wasn't sure about being in the open that way was the best idea. I nodded towards a jogger who passed by singing at the top of her lungs while listening to her IPod.
3 comments:
I have been trying for years to get some frogs in my backyard, to no avail! I have water, and they still won't stay. You're so lucky! I love nothing more than the sounds of frogs and crickets in the evening.
- Mom
I agree with the wedding thing.....what bride wants a sweaty, spandex clad jogger in her picture by accident? lol.....plus, there are SO many other spots in Oregon that are private....heck....my parents property...no sweaty joggers there!
HA! I have to laugh about the jogger thing! I know, Kati! Who wants to see all that in the background of your wedding video? Sooo funny though!
Post a Comment