Thursday, April 16, 2009

Some Quick Card Ideas

Thank you Bookmark

I loved making the card below for a special project Jen has coming up at church. This bookmark card will be perforated in the center so the recipient can then tear the front off and use it as a bookmark. I embossed the flower stamp so it would stand out against the patterned paper. Reminder - Make sure you always have envelopes on hand before creating your card creation. I forgot to double check and my envelope doesn't really match or look good with this size. I may just use a clear envelope instead. I gotta rethink this one!

Supplies: Paper - Bazzill CS, Pattern Paper Paper pack from Costco & unsure the brand
Stamps - Unity flower, sentiment & scroll Close To My Heart
Embellishments - jewel Michael's Crafts & ribbon American Crafts
Tools - Fiskars Scalloped Paper Edgers
Sweet Candy
This quickie was all about Unity's candy jar images. I love this stamp (which actually has 2 shelves of jars but I just used one for this card). There are so many ways to dress up the candies to match whatever color scheme you are going for. I used watercolor pencils and stickles to add dimension. I also used 3d squares to make the image stand out on its own.

Supplies: Stamps - Candies Unity Stamp & sentiment Close To My Heart
Embellishments - Strand of beads unknown, Chatterbox paper flower,
Michael's Crafts pearl, Stickles

Peachy Thanks

This design was scrap-lifted from the current Stamp It! Cards Magazine. This magazine has loads of practical and fun designs that can be used with any stamps in your collection. I liked the idea of stamping the flower off the page. The color options are endless and this card is a quick one to make.
Supplies: Paper - Bazzill CS, Patterned Paper Unknown
Stamps - Inkadinkado & sentiment Close To My Heart
Embellishments - brad K & Co., Ribbon American Crafts
Tools - Fiskars Paper Edges

No comments: