Josh and I had been discussing our overnight camping trip all week. When the weather turned from nice to not-so-nice, we decided to keep our eyes on the weather channel. Come Friday morning, the weather still didn't look too promising but we decided to go for it anyway. Saturday morning, I looked up the temperatures on my laptop and the low numbers didn't look too good. I projected my concerns to Josh, who was in the bathroom shaving. I found out later, he didn't hear me. We were just minutes away from the campsite when he looked up at the sky, wondering out loud, when the sun was going to appear. He was shocked to hear the sun wasn't going to make an appearance all weekend. Whoops!
We had a blast. I had fun setting up the tent, assisting Josh with what ever he needed. I even helped build the fire. Since we had some sweet mattress pads for under our sleeping bags we couldn't even feel the rocky ground beneath. The temperature dropped below freezing around 4 am (the same time Cocoa decides she had to go potty and then once Josh was up with her decided it was to cold to go) and Josh was cold most of the night. All in all we had a good time!
Some of you who have done a lot of camping in your life may be smiling at my ramblings. Some of you would have paid some good money to see me rough'n it. Well, hold onto your money. Rough'n it will come during our next backpacking trip in a few weeks. Here are a few pictures documenting the fun times...
We were the only campers in the entire site. It was very peaceful and close enough for Dave and Ethan to come by to say hi and have some hot cocoa with us. Poor Sarah was home locked up in her room working on her final projects of this semester. Poor thing missed all of the fun!
1 comment:
Finally! Been waiting for a good camping post!
Post a Comment