Monday, December 1, 2008

Our Tags on Scarlet Lime

The day has finally arrived and I can now spill the beans! Our tags from One Bright Spot were purchased for the December's Scarlet Lime scrapbooking kits! Scarlet Lime is a company run by the amazing designer Christy Tomlinson who is also an editior for Scrapbooks Etc. magazine. She is well known in the scrapbooking community and also designs for Making Memories.

http://www.scrapbooksetc.com/Scrap-A-Faire/spring2008/instructor-bios_ss1.html

She was on etsy, saw my tags, liked them, and asked to purchase 3,075! Jen and I couldn't turn this opportunity down and got started right away. We ordered the paper from Julie at JR Designs in Santa Maria. I had a lot of fun calling Julie and asking her for help in this adventure of ours. Check out the link on the right to check out our One Bright Spot blog to see photos of the process.

We got the paper within a week and took our stuff to the printers. On my birthday weekend, the printers called us to tell us that they messed up. Well, they did! They also cut the tags wrong. So, we had to trim and punch the corners of 3,075 tags! As Josh helped punch corners (I love my husband) he started doing the math... we had to trim 3 x 3075, punch 4 x 3075, sort 3 x 3075, bag 1025, seal 1025, and place a label on 1050. Then we had to bag 6 x 150. Then box 1050. How many times did I touch each tag? Believe me... there will be NO pop quiz!

It was worth all of the hard work and I still owe Sarah and Josh some ice cream for all of their help! Thanks guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca- Hello there! Don't know if you'll remember me, but I used to shop at Joy's shop all the time. I saw your link on Julie's blog.....I just checked out your etsy shop and love the dialy tags. Would you consider doing a special order for me...doing the days 1-25 (on the white paper with the black in)....I'm planning on doing a December daily album like Ali's and would love to incorporate your tags...
Let me know, you can e-mail me at joannahendrix@yahoo.com