Friday, December 19, 2008

My Very First Snowman & Snow Day!

Aumsville got a few inches of snow! Before heading north to take Sarah to the airport we decided to dress warm and play for a bit. First we shoveled the snow off the driveway so we would have enough for a snowman. I love that when ever it snows, Sarah tries to catch snowflakes on her tongue. Josh had to teach us a bit about building a snowman but in our defense the snow was so fluffy and lacked moisture - it just wouldn't stick together! You couldn't even throw a real snowball! We resulted in dumping shovel fulls on top of each other. We had to quit before we were finished since it started to snow pretty hard on us and we decided to leave early - while we could.
I think the snowman looks quite fashionable sporting a Kati original scarf, button eyes, and baby carrot nose.
What a winter wonderland! We got Sarah safely to the airport and she is now on her way home for Christmas!

4 comments:

Jennifer Evans said...

Beautiful picture. The snowman is very stylish... can I borrow that scarf sometime?

Kate said...

Jen, I can make you your own scarf...lol....no need to borrow from the snowman! and I am so jealous...the snow looks beautiful, and Ben would have LOVED it! I think the next time we are in Portland during the winter we're going to have to take him to the snow. lucky lucky!

Patten Family said...

I am glad you got to play in the snow with Sarah before she left, and I am SO glad that she got to go home for Christmas!

Kate said...

Okay, the picture behind your blog title is GORGEOUS...I'm so jealous....now I bet you're wishing you would have invested in that santa inspired lingerie.......heh heh..