PS. Oh - I would love to also get to bake some cookies with Sarah tomorrow too!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
A little ice anyone?
As I type this, it is 15 degrees outside, dark, and chilly. Sarah gets another snow day tomorrow and we are expecting 6-8 inches of snow in Salem - so who knows, maybe I'll get a snow day too! We will see.
Today, I remembered to grab my camera on the way out the door. Josh has Tuesdays off and he spent today driving me to work and then Sarah in to work too. Sarah had a late start so they had a few minutes to play in the snow outside of the SF office. Mostly, it was to see how Cocoa would react to the snow. She had a blast investigating it all.
The above picture is Sarah being careful of where she walked in order not to slip. The parking lot is solid ice.
For real!?! Look how thick this piece of ice was! Sarah picked it up from the parking lot! All of the roads were slicker than snot (as Josh would say). Josh spent most of his day on the road dropping us off and then picking us up again. The commute took double the time because of the conditions. Hey, I was happy to see the clear blue sky and sun today too. It reminded me of days I spent at Hume Lake at winter camp.
So, thanks to Josh and a lot of prayer, we made it home safe. I love the picture below. The ice look like glass. If we are to have a snow storm worse off than the one we had Sunday, can I have a snow day too!?! I would love to build a snowman with Sarah, watch Christmas movies while we wrap presents and do Christmas cards, and drink hot cocoa while curled up in a blanket on the couch. Doesn't that sound better than driving into town?
PS. Oh - I would love to also get to bake some cookies with Sarah tomorrow too!
PS. Oh - I would love to also get to bake some cookies with Sarah tomorrow too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oooh, a clear, cold day at Hume Lake...let's go!!! :) I miss that place......lots of great memories!
I LOVE IT! Good luck on getting a snow day : )
Wish I had cute snow pictures to share. Boo :( Maybe today? Saw a few snowflakes falling at 8:30am!
Post a Comment