Thursday, November 27, 2008

O' Christmas Tree...

Our tree has been up now for a couple of weeks since the One Bright Spot open house. I am already getting requests for some pictures. I love to decorate Christmas trees. I love to use candle rings for fillers plus you can find them sometimes for pretty cheap! Of course the tree looks so much better in person.
Before Josh and I were married I had one knick-knack collection. The Willow Creek angels. I still love them but after I was married, instead of having them on a shelf collecting dust, I pull them out once a year and decorate my tree with them. The ones that aren't actually ornaments I hung my own ornament ribbon off their wings and put them up too!This year, I put up a different type of light just under the star which fades and twinkles at different speeds. They had faded out for this picture and so the top looks dark...

I insert long stem picks with ivory and gold berries into the tree. I used red, ivory, & gold orchad floral stems which I shape and then cascade them down to look like garland...

My favorite thing is to find a great bargin on ornaments. I loved picking up the red present ornaments they had at Ikea last year. So simple but they added a lot by stuffing them into the branches as a filler. Ikea has them there again this year...
The orange/red flowers shown below is a candle ring...


If you are interested in knowing how Christmas trees started as a tradition check out the enrty I wrote last year:


If you are looking for a good book to keep your focus on the meaning of Christmas this year, check out:


The books by Ace Collins are just great!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Gorgeous!! I'm so jealous that your tree has no remnants of Star Wars....