Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Getting Crafty

Thank you all who came to the Anne-athon! Sarah and I loved every minute! We had some fun making Christmas gifts while watching. Jessica and Libby arrived just as the Anne of Avonlea started. Then after that ended, they left just as Jen and Joanne arrived. It was great to have some company, have girl time, and watch a classic of a movie! We are looking forward to hosting another event like this since it was such fun!

Sorry, I am not posting pictures of any of our projects since they will become gifts and we don't want to ruin the surprise - but if you want to see what Jen was up to, she posted pictures on her blog:

http://www.davidnjen.blogspot.com/2008/08/craft-day.html

Now that we started getting crafty, I am itching to get my knitting needles out again and start some scarves. I don't think I finished even one scarf last year. I had started this amazingly beautiful scarf for Deborah, last year, and got 2/3 of the way done when I made a mistake. After a couple of weeks, I gave up trying to fix it. I lost motivation after that. So, I want to get going early and make an effort to complete a few projects this year. I wish I could find a free knitting/crocheting group where I could meet with other ladies and chat while knitting. That way if I mess up, someone could point the way in helping me fix it so I don't have to give up or start over.

Other news:

Please continue to pray for Matt & Deborah since they are now back overseas and most likely won't be back in the States for a couple of years.


We have decided to start attending People's Church here in Salem on a regular basis. We spent the summer visiting churches in and around the Salem area. It was really encouraging to see how God is moving in the church body throughout our community. Sarah and I are really excited to start a Beth Moore video series Ladies Bible Study next week! http://www.amazon.com/Stepping-Up-Journey-Through-Psalms/dp/1415857431 I am thrilled to start a group bible study of any kind. Jen and I had such fun last year when we studied Daniel but I haven't been involved in a ladies bible study since and I am hungry for opening God's Word with other women in the community.



Josh has still been looking for work. Finances are pretty tight right now and we are praying that all goes well and he finds a job really soon. We would hate to lose the house and reality continues to hang over our head every day that goes by. Please pray that someone will be gracious enough to hire him and give him a chance.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I think it's awesome that you guys make all of your gifts, so much heart goes into it. I wish I could see the pics...boo hoo!

Kate said...

it would bring me great comfort to see pics of the gifts in my 8th month of pregnancy.......

no? ...Not gonna work?

man...since when does the pathetic pregnant excuse not work?