Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Signs that you have watched Pride & Prejudice too many times...

I have been busy packing the house and I am one of those packers who once starts a job stays focused and gets 'er done. You know... there are those people who pack like Dave. Who reminisces over every item he picks up and at the end of the day didn't actually pack one full box. Instead, I have the opposite personality type when it comes to moving house. I purge & pack. Purge & pack. My two purging piles, one for donating, one for trash/recycle and then I move fast and pack like a mad woman on a mission. Yet there are moments when I come across something that takes me by surprise and halts me in my chaos.

I have a best friend who is such a great encourager and finds every opportunity to put a smile on the faces of those she loves. I came across this paper bag scrapbook Kati sent me awhile back. Finding it again and reading through it made me laugh so hard I even did some knee slapping! I thought you all would enjoy it just as much...

Signs that you have watched P & P too many times book.

1. When people bother you or you have had a bad day you say to them, " You don't know what I suffer!"
2. You see something you approve of and say, "Capitol! Capitol!"
3. You name your first two children Lizzy & Darcy.
4. Six hours no longer seems like a long time. (this one makes me crack up!)
5. When something goes wrong, you find yourself shouting, "Other way Mr. Collins!"
6. Saturday night finds you and your best friend putting your hair in buns and curling your bangs into ringlets to imitate Regency hairstyles.
7. You ask your friends and family if they'd like to "take a turn about the room", justifying it by saying "its so refreshing."
8. You have written your own stories to conclude the lives of the other characters in the movies and you are proud of your most recent story called P & P: The Next Generation.
9. When a friend declares a dislike for P & P you seriously consider and re-evaluate the basis of your friendship.
10. After hours of studying the dance scenes, you held a party and forced all of your friends to learn the dance steps so that you could pretend to be Lizzy at the Netherfield Ball.
11. You giggle whenever you see Mrs. Bennet or Mr Collins, before they even open their mouths!
12. A commonly used phrase to spur people into action is, "I can't have you standing about in this stupid manner," sometimes prefaced with a "I must have you dance, I must."

And the last and may very well be the ultimate clue that you have watched P&P too many times is...

13. You tape a picture of Lizzy and Darcy to your ceiling, so it's the first thing you see when you wake up in the morning.

There it is! Reading it makes me laugh every time! I have added one last sign...

14. When you refer to Pride & Prejudice as P & P.



I hope this put as big of a smile on your face as it did mine! Kati, you are the best!

4 comments:

Kate said...

That was such a fun book to make! It's inspired me to make another one...maybe one for Maile about Jennifer Garner.....or for Brooke about candy and sugar in general!

Anonymous said...

I hope you packed that book so I can look through it.

I am laughing so much. There is definitly some knee slapping and loud laughing going on at my house right now! : )

Good job Kati! Or should I say, " Capitol, Capitol!"

Sarah

Anonymous said...

I read the post out loud to Dave... well, he just shook his head and said, "Chicks..." and walked away. Sometimes I miss having a girl living with me to laugh out loud with. It seems as if I am laughing and when no one laughs with me I am a little crazy in doing so. Unless I am snuggled in the dark under a blanket watching P&P (heehee) by myself. Then, I can laugh all I want cause Dave's at work and Ethan's asleep... - Jen

Kate said...

one day there will be a man in this world who APPRECIATES the fine movie that P&P is! ONE DAY! Maybe one of our boys.......I'm gonna get started now......