Sunday, June 24, 2007



What a special time Josh and I had with his parents while they visited for the weekend. The weekend was just a time to hang out and enjoy being with family. Bill and Barbara flew into Portland on Friday afternoon. They ran into some unusual traffic and their drive from Portland to Salem during rush hour traffic on a summer Friday afternoon took longer than the rest of their journey put together; which should have taken them 45 minutes. We had a great time Saturday laughing and fellowshipping with the Evans family and my Uncle Adrian. Josh’s BBQ steak was tasty…and 1 steak could have fed three of us, they were such big pieces of meat! We don’t like having our guests leave hungry.
It was fun to celebrate Josh’s birthday with family around. Even though his birthday was the 13th, he was really looking forward to a family get-together.
Ethan is getting so big and it was fun to watch him giggle while Jen tickled him. Then I played with him awhile blowing bubbles and Ethan did a great job copying.

After lunch, we took Uncle Adrian home and headed to a few tour homes. Just a few days prior to Mom & Dad’s visit I was telling Grandma Kersey that we were NOT going to subject Dad through the walking through model tour homes and have him have to walk up and down stairs with his foot the way it is from his accident last year. Yet, we did! It was fun but exhausting. I enjoyed hearing their opinions on the colors, tile choices, and layouts of the home designs. During our tour of some of the homes, they were getting to see a little more of Salem. We ended up picking up a couple of movie rentals and headed home for an evening of entertainment.

Sunday, was Ethan’s baby dedication. What a blessing is was to be a witness and participate in this special moment in Ethan’s and his mommy & daddy’s lives. It was wonderful to share the moment with Dave’s family too! Pastor Paul started his message and Ethan began to talk back (making baby noises). He loves to hear Pastor Paul preach. At times I think he is saying, “Preach it…Amen!” So, Jen had to lay him down to keep him from getting too loud and then he fell asleep. So, for the dedication, he was out and a dead weight in Jen’s arms.

After church and lunch we tortured Dad with one last tour home… which was the BEST of all the tour homes we had been in. Mostly because it is very similar, in every way, to the home we are planning. I think it really gave Bill & Barbara an idea of what we are planning. They liked it.

Then Josh started to drive east and I wasn’t quite sure when he was ready to call it quits and take us home. We drove through the countryside, driving though Jen and Dave’s neck of the woods and then drove a few more miles to see the beautiful view of Detroit Lake & Dam. It was beautiful.

So, I have to get to the best part of the entire visit… Last night, Josh and his parents taught me how to play Pinochle! I am now addicted and I am going to do my best to get Dave & Jen to start playing with us. You have to play with four players and I want to get better at the game so I can play for real the next time we have a visit with Mom & Dad.
Thank you for such a great time!










1 comment:

Karottal said...

HAPPY B-DAY!!!

and sunshine from austria ;-)